Mabon


The Autumn Witch.
2019
Digital Art


I drew the autumn witch's lineart way back in 2018 when I was first rediscovering my love for all things Samhain, and it was quite interesting to read up and find out more about "Mabon", which was an Equinox I had not yet heard about until then.

Mabon is the Autumn Equinox and it is observed in celebration of the winding down after the harvesting season has passed, and most of the crop has been harvested for the year. It often fall on the September 21 for those living in the Northern Hemisphere or March 21 for those in the Southern Hemisphere. 

For me it is a time of making my home more homey, as the warm colours of the dying year wash over my home, I feel more contemplative around that time of the year, and have a deep desire to play games like "Night In The Woods" over and over again. 

Here are a few more variations of this first illustration, without the "Mabon" title:



Sitting down with a good book to read, drinking some hot coffee and basically allowing the
warm feeling of autumn make it's presence in my life is how I observe this wonderful
period of time. How do you observe Mabon?


Comments

Popular Posts