2. The High Priestess ( Flidais of Tuatha Dé Danann )

Hi and welcome back to my little blog about my art magic and all other magical art endeavours. I just finished this collection of Tarot Major Arcana cards and I am eager to share them with you! To read about the full collection and what inspired the creation of this deck, check out the Tarot Deck Page here:



Otherwise without further adieu, here is the very first card: 

The High Priestess Card, which features Fionn of Tuatha Dé Danann. 


About The High Priestess:



"The High Priestess is the guardian of the unconscious. She sits in front of the thin veil of unawareness which is all that separates us from our inner landscape. She contains within herself the secrets of these realms and offers us the silent invitation, "Be still and know that I am God." - taken from http://www.learntarot.com/

This card, to me, is a very powerful card. There is so much enchantment and mystery to it. I feel that it embodies the really soul of the feminine mystique, and the empowerment I feel that I derive from learning about it goes very deep. 


About Flidais of Tuatha Dé Danann:


"Flidas or Flidais (modern spelling: Fliodhas, Fliodhais) is a female figure in Irish Mythology, known by the epithet Foltchaín ("beautiful hair"). She is believed to have been a goddess of cattle and fertility. " - taken from wikipedia

There is a very powerful image whenever you encounter a woman and her role as a fertility goddess. Gaia, Danu and many other Goddesses have come to represent this divine aspect of womanhood, and I feel that Flidas is up there with them, gracing this realm with her beautiful long hair, which in irish folklore, represents one's supernatural connections.

" The head represented the essence of one’s soul. That’s why during battles heads of the enemy were collected and displayed. Hair had a kind of magical symbolism, an indication of one’s supernatural connections." - taken from "Irish fireside"

A Personal Reflection on how the card has impacted me:

I feel that she inspires me to look deeper within, to the soul of the problems I face in my life, and to strive to create more for myself and my love ones, to better myself and my circumstance, no matter how tired I am, or how difficult the road ahead looks to be. 

This life is a challenge, but the rewards are the smiles of my lover and the laughter of my friend, and if that is the bread on the take before me, I will eat it gladly, knowing that I have achieved success in this life, and I can carry on into the next life in peace. 
Everything about the High Priestess, from the head to the toe, embodies strength, cosmic wisdom, power and magic, and when I was looking through the cards and pairing them with the Gods and Legends of Tuatha Dé Danann, it was as if the High Priestess and Flidais of Tuatha Dé Danann were two strong ideals merged together perfectly before my eyes into a perfect union of vision and mystery that I believe in. 

Places you can find this Print:



The print is available currently on my redbubble art shop as stickers and prints! If you are a lover of Celtic lore and Tarot cards like I am, why not add this to your sticker collection as a little inspiration.


To view all the other cards, check out their online collection page here:
The Tuatha Dé Danann Tarot Deck

Sources:

About the Card:
http://www.learntarot.com

About the Deity:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flidais

About the Prints:

www.mellowalchemy.redbubble.com

Comments

Popular Posts